On Kornwerderzand at the head of the Afsluitdijk are the famous casemates, largely hidden under sand. Within the metre-thick walls, the period before and from May 1940 is revived. The history of the mobilization and life in and around the casemates is explained in six casemates. The German Blitzkrieg was stopped at this unique place, supported by the Dutch navy.
In seven casemates the history of the mobilization and life in and around the casemates is told. The sleeping places, the telephone exchange, the rack kitchen and an extensive collection of weapons. For the current opening hours of the museum, you can visit the website of the museum.
- Every monday closed
- Every tuesday closed
- Every wednesday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every thursday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every friday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every saturday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every sunday from 11:00 to 17:00
- De Kazematten op Kornwerderzand zijn normaal gesproken geopend van april t/m oktober.
Tijdens de Open Museum Maand in november 2023 zijn de Kazemattenmuseum op vrijdag en zaterdag geopend van 10.00-16.00 uur en op zondag van 11.00-16.00 uur.